Transacting with Dubai Immigration has never been easier. With the GDRFA Mobile App, you even have the option to not visit immigration office in person.
Blake’s visa will expire by last week of December 2017. Since we are traveling (Yippee!!) for the holiday season, I have to renew her visa earlier to ensure that the new visa is ready before we leave.
Applying for her visa renewal the traditional way is not first option since I have used up all of my leave credits. I remembered that there is a mobile app from Dubai Immigration — the GDRFA Mobile App.
Download and Install the GDRFA Mobile App
Register for an account
There are four tabs in the app: Login, Services, Media, Contact Us.
Click “Login” to register for access. Have your UAE ID and Visa page ready as you will be required to enter your details.
Once you have the documents ready, click on the (+) symbol then follow the prompt.
You will receive a validation code via SMS to the mobile number given during account registration.
Once the account is validated, you can start using the App. For ease of access in the future, do not forget to activate Bio-metric authentication.
You may now use the app to view current status and validity of the visas for your dependents.
Prepare for the visa renewal using the GDRFA Mobile App
Note: UAE visa can only be renewed if validity is less than 90 days.
Scan the following documents and copy to your device in JPG format:
- Your passport identity page and UAE visa page
- UAE ID both sides
- Dependents passport identity page and UAE visa page
- Dependents UAE ID
- Tenancy Agreement (Ejari)
- Salary certificate, issued by your current sponsor
- Dependents picture (passport size, white background)
- UAE ID renewal form (apply online via eForm). Only apply for the UAE ID renewal once you are ready to submit the application for visa renewal. UAE ID renewal application is only valid for 10 days. This means that visa renewal application should be submitted within 10 days of submitting UAE ID renewal request.
Apply for Visa renewal using GDRFA Mobile App
After the above listed documents are copied in your mobile device, you are now ready to submit visa renewal application using the app.
- Open the GDRFA Mobile App and login.
- Go to the dashboard and open dependent visa details page in (Active box if the visa is still valid, Expiring soon box if visa is expired for less than 30 days, Expired box if the visa is expired for more than 30 days)
- Press Renew Residence button
- Fill up the documents details
- Select delivery method (Select Zajel to have the visa delivered to your doorstep)
- Press the next button
- Attach the required documents
- Pay the fee
- Wait for the SMS/Email confirmation
- You will receive 2 SMS, first SMS is to confirm that visa renewal application is approved, second SMS contains the Zajel tracking number.
- Zajel will pickup the passport of your dependent along with a photo of the dependent.
- You may have to call Zajel to schedule the pickup and to give directions to the pickup location.
- Wait for the passport to be delivered with the new visa. Track the status of your passport/visa delivery using the Zajel tracking sytem
It’s that easy. For Blake’s visa renewal I received the approval in less than an hour. Since I applied on a Thursday, I got the next SMS on Saturday.
Have you tried the GDFRA mobile app? Let us know in the comments!