Many Filipinos are unaware that they can now pay travel tax online . For Overseas Filipino Workers (OFW) this do not apply. OFW’s are exempted from paying travel tax provided we have a valid Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC). However, we do get visitors from time to time and any amount of time saved by eliminating unnecessary trips to the Department of Tourism or waiting in line at the airport is time that we can spend better on other things.
Online Travel Tax
Here are the steps on how to get your Travel Tax online:
- Go to Tourism Infrastructure and Enterprise Zone Authority (TIEZA) website. It’s a good practice to go the home page first to see if there are any important announcements.
- Click on the Travel Tax menu and select Pay Travel Tax Online.
- If you are a first time user, click on “Don’t have any account? Click Here” to register for an account. To complete the registration, you would need a valid email address and passport details.
- After registration, confirm your registration by clicking on a the confirmation link sent by email to the address that was provided in the registration. You have the option to do this at a later stage.
- Prepare all your documents, clear scanned copy and should be in JPG format. Scan your passport details page, ticket, and other supporting documents. If applying for reduced rate, OEC of the sponsor and passport and valid visa page of the sponsor will also be required. Other documents may be required depending on the reduced rate/exemption category selected. Details will be displayed after category selection.
- To start a new transaction click on “Click here” to fill up Travel Tax Payment Form
- Enter your flight details, make sure to select the correct Airport Terminal and departure time of your flight. Select the type of payment to use. Bancnet or Visa are the only 2 options available.
- Select travel tax type and sub tax type.
- Enter your flight booking reference.
- The total amount to pay will be displayed. (You may include travel companions on the same application provided you also have their supporting documents.)
- Click on “Confirm Application”.
- Wait for 15 to 30 minutes for processing. The documents uploaded are reviewed by TIEZA staff for accuracy, if there are missing documents they will send you a notice by email.
- Pay the total amount after the application is processed and approved.
- Print the invoice in landscape orientation. The invoice can be printed anytime however, it will be more convenient to have it saved on your local computer.
The Next Step
Well, the next step is on the day of your trip. You can just to go the check-in counter, present the printed invoice along with your travel documents as you check-in.
We hope this simple guide will be useful to our fellow travelers. Let us know in the comments section below about your experience in applying for travel tax online!