Hello there! It’s time for another Blogger in Focus post. Actually, the plan is to post every Thursday but I guess I got too excited with the first one that I posted it on a Wednesday! 😀 Anyway, here’s another blogger that I follow and love. TK is a mom to Little Dude and they live near where we live. Another fun coincidence is that Little Dude and Little B is almost the same age!
Let’s get to know her a little more, shall we?
How did you start blogging?
Two major changes prompted me to start blogging – our move to Dubai over three years ago, and becoming a mom. Writing has always been part of my life, and since I was no longer writing professionally, I wanted to continue doing it in some way. I also wanted to record my experiences as a first time parent and share them with others.
What do you write about?
I write about my thoughts, musings, fears, and adventures as a parent. I also share snippets of our lives as expats in Dubai. Apart from that, on my blog you will find activities and craft ideas, and blogging tips. I like variety!
Tips for new Bloggers?
My top three tips for new bloggers are:
1. Be original: Have your own voice in your blog. Don’t just do what others are doing if that’s not what defines you.
2. Learn from the best: Being original doesn’t mean that you can’t learn from the success of bloggers who have worked hard to get to the top, and are happy to share their tips.
3. Skip the stats: Write with dedication, and the statistics will take care of themselves. Fretting over numbers and comparing them with others will only demotivate you in the beginning.
Challenges you face with blogging
I would say the biggest challenge is organising time while being a stay-at-home parent. Being on top of social media channels is quite a lot of work too.
What do you do outside of blogging?
I take care of my family – my husband and 2.5 year old son.
Blogs you recommend my readers should read/follow?
3 Random Facts about you
– I’m a foodie to the core, especially when it comes to desserts!
– Apart from English, I can read and write Hindi and Urdu.
– I have a post-graduate degree in Advertising and Marketing.
Tarana Khan is mom to a toddler, living an expat life in Dubai. She loves writing and has done her stints as a copywriter, reporter and content editor, before embracing parenthood full-time. She blogs at Sand In My Toes, where you can drop by to read more of her parenting and other adventures! You can also catch up with her on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest or Google+.