When we agreed to attend the event in Ferrari World last week, we decided that we will spend the night in Abu Dhabi instead of driving all the way back to Dubai. With kids in tow, it’s more convenient that way. Plus, we adults also want to relax, yes?
Grace (Sandier Pastures) and I were not sure if we can still get accommodations since it’s all very last-minute but luckily Yas Island Rotana took us in. Yay!! They were very professional and thoughtful as they even offered to have an extra bed for the kids (Grace had 2 kids while I had A & B with me).
The room was very clean and organized. We had everything we needed for our stay. They even had sweets and fruits waiting for us. Blake went in the room and grabbed a banana before I could even start taking photos. LOL.
We did have to ask for dental kits but it didn’t take long before they sent someone to hand us our toothbrushes. 😀
Since we arrived late (hooray for late check in!!), there was not much to do but sleep. I had a little trouble sleeping though because I miss my own bed — I know!! The next day, we had our breakfast at Choices restaurant. But first, let me show you our view:
Choices is the all day dining restaurant offering breakfast, lunch and themed night buffets. The breakfast spread was simple yet balanced.
I wasn’t able to take lots of photos of the buffet but it was definitely a treat. I enjoyed my omelette and bacon so much that had seconds … and thirds! :p After breakfast, we went back to our room to change. Blake has been begging us to go for a swim. The adult pool was closed for renovations but luckily the kiddie pool is working and it has shade too! Blake burns easily so I’m really thanking that shade!
As for me, I left A & B in the pool area so I could get some pampering at Bodylines Leisure and Wellness Club.
I have been wanting to have a massage so bad so this is definitely a treat.
I had a relaxing Swedish massage. The masseuse used the right amount of pressure on my very tired muscles. The massage was for 60 minutes but it felt so good that I didn’t even realise time passing by!
After my massage I went to the changing rooms. Had a shower and spent time in the sauna and steam rooms. Grace said I should have just stayed outside and soaked in the sun.. same thing. LOL. When I was done, it was almost time to leave.
With a heavy heart, we checked out and drove back to Dubai.
What I liked:
- check in and check out was super easy.
- A asked for draft beer to be sent to our room and they still granted his request even if they don’t normally do that — talk about customer service!
- the rooms were super clean and functional — oh, I mentioned that already, right?
- Loved the welcome gesture – fruit basket and sweets!
- WiFi was free! I really have to mention this because not all hotels provide free wi-fi!
- Best part is that we did not have to drive all the way back to Dubai late at night. It’s very nice to have that option to stay instead of heading back again after an event.
What I didn’t like:
- I can hear the airplanes passing by — maybe they need to improve soundproofing.
- Most facilities were closed — but that’s only temporary!! So definitely these will have major improvement when we go back.
Overall, we had a great time, the facilities and services were more than satisfactory. I would recommend staying here. Yas Island Rotana has on going promotions and you can check them all out here:
- Rotana Escapes – Check out Discovery Escape — children gets to stay and dine for free!
- Choices Daily Theme Nights
- Bodylines Promotions
We were guests of Yas Island Rotana however all opinions are mine based on my experience and remains uninfluenced, as always.