I finally did some baking after a long break. My last post really got me worked up! I started with a simple recipe that I have not tried … ever.
Before anything else, I bought myself a new oven thermometer because just as I expected, the built in thermometer in my oven is busted.
I got my recipe from Goldilocks Bake Book which I received as a gift from my very good friend, Faye. (I miss you Pepey!!)
- 3/4 C Sugar
- 1/8 C Water
- 1 1/3 C Cake Flour
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Baking Powder
- 1/3 C Evaporated Milk
- 1/4 C Cold Water
- 3/4 C Butter
- 1 C Sugar
- 3 Med Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Canned Pineapple in syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Caramelize sugar in the pan on medium heat until light brown in color.
- Add water and cook for 2 - 3 minutes until incorporated.
- Arrange pineapple slices over the caramelized sugar and place cherry in the center of each pineapple slice then set aside.
- Sift all dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla extract, evaporated milk and water. Continue mixing until all ingredients are incorporated.
- In slow speed, add the dry ingredients.
- Pour batter on the pan and bake for 30 - 35 minutes
Being the rebel that I am, I made a few shortcuts adjustments in this recipe. The photo on the bake book looks nothing like my end product but I know they are both delish! Can’t wait for my next session.