If you’ve been following me in Instagram, you’ve probably seen this photo already. (If you’re not following me in Instagram… you should!! LOL) Yep, we are planning to have another trip soon and first things first, we need visas.
Because we’re Filipinos, we have certain limitations when it comes to traveling therefore, it takes a lot of planning. (See my post on how to get US Tourist visa and visa to Turkey). Here are the steps on how to apply for Schengen tourist visa to Switzerland from Dubai.
Schengen Visa Application
- Plan your trip well in advance, visa can be applied up to 90 days before the scheduled date of arrival in Switzerland. Click here to check if your nationality requires a visa to enter Switzerland.
- Download the visa requirement checklist. Review the checklist and make sure that you have the requirements ready on the date of the application.
- Register for an account to get access to VFS Global Services
- Once you have an account, login to your account by clicking on the Book an Appointment Link
- Fill-up the application form using “Click here for filling Visa Application Form” link
- Save and print your application.
- Review your application form before scheduling an appointment. *Note – Once an appointment is scheduled, you will not be able to edit the application form.*
- Once everything is in order, schedule an appointment pay the required fees.
- On the day of the appointment, make sure that you have all the required documents as stated in checklist. Be at the VFS at least 15 minutes before the scheduled time.
- Go to step one presenting your appointment letter. You will be given a number and will be directed to go to the application room.
- Wait for your number to be called. The VFS employee will check your documents. Listen and follow the advise of the VFS employee. They are there to ensure the highest possibility of success of your application.
- You will be directed to the biometric collection chamber.
- You will be given a receipt with reference number. Keep the receipt safe as you will need that to collect your passport.
- You may track the status of your application here.
Since Mr. A prepared all our documents and did all the Schengen visa application (which is online – everything!), all I did was wake up early on the day of our appointment and show up with Mr. A & Little B. We were at VFS Global 15 minutes before our scheduled time so we were one of the first in line.
In fact, we were the first to be “interviewed” for Schengen visa application to Switzerland. After the biometrics and photo shoot, we were done! Everything was less than 30 minutes.
Our visas were delivered less than one week after application. Easy peasy. This was the easiest visa application I’ve done to date.
Now it’s time to plan our trip!!