Here’s what’s on my mind today:
- I’m totally behind on my blog challenge
- I still haven’t posted a huge chunk of our US trip
- I have items to review!!
Speaking of which, I’m posting one of those reviews today (if it’s not so obvious from the topic… LOL). I got a box of :
I’m not new to detox. I’ve tried a few “programs” already. I know the benefits. Below are just some of the many wonderful effects of detoxifying your body:
- Energy boost
- Helps with Weight Loss
- Rids the body of excess waste
- Improved Skin
- Anti Ageing
However, I have not tried handmade, raw natural ingredients and organic meals pre packed and delivered to my doorstep. It’s about time I try them out. Right?
Detox Delight delivered my package on a Wednesday, just like they promised. It came in an ice box with all the contents tightly sealed and labeled.
The menu consists of:
- Green Smoothie – Orange juice, lime, zest of lime, coconut water, spinach, avocado, ginger, maca powder and salt dates.
- 2 Detox Juices
- Italian Salad with Balsamic Dressing – Cucumbers, zucchini, red pepper, cherry tomatoes, avocados, pine nuts, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, apple vinegar, maple syrup, garlic and salt.
- Quinoa Salad – quinoa, green peas, cucumber, carrots, corn, pepper and salt, olive oil, soy yoghurt, mint, lemon and agave syrup.
I first tried the Pink detox juice which was surprisingly good considering it has beetroot. I am not a fan of beetroot. LOL
I took the box home and had the Quinoa Salad for dinner. It’s filling but not heavy. I might recreate this at home since I have like 3 bags of quinoa from the states (my mom packed them inside my luggage!!)
I drank the green juice the next day. It didn’t taste bad, but it was something different, at least for me. It’s probably the spinach.
I totally forgot about the lunch salad. I had that like two days after!! I was scared that it got spoilt but it was still actually edible. YAY!! I liked it but being the carnivore that I am, I missed the meat.
Lastly, I was also given this sweet treat!
The box came with a few information booklets which includes tips and detox symptoms and recommendations to help users while on detox.
What I liked:
- Delivery was on time. They were very courteous and patient during our discussions.
- Instructions were clear and easy to follow
- It’s packaged really well (and most containers are reusable, so YAY!)
- The food was all fresh and tasty
Overall, it was a good experience (although I wasn’t able to follow the full day detox schedule.. my fault totally!)