Here’s another Wheat Free / Gluten Free dessert. Would you believe that this particular recipe does not have flour, sugar and butter?
I know, I know … at first I thought its going to be a disaster. But I was really surprised that this turned out well. Even Mr. A was happy with it (that’s saying a lot cos he hates anything that has coconut!)
I got this recipe from Grace (Sandier Pastures) – Easy Black and White Chocolate Cake. Of course, I changed it a little bit cos I wasn’t able to find white chocolate chips.
- 1 cup chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Almond flakes for topping
- Melt dark chocolate chunks and coconut milk in a small sauce pan over very low heat. Remove from heat once chocolate is melted.
- Add eggs into the chocolate/coconut milk mixture and mix well.
- Combine almond flour, salt and baking soda and mix with the chocolate mixture.
- Fold in 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Grease or line a baking dish and pour batter into baking dish then sprinkle remaining chocolate chips and the almond flakes over batter.
- Bake at 180C for 20 minutes or when toothpick comes out clean when you insert in the middle of the cake.