Hi. I’m the humble blogger you asked for a review, or the one you invited to an event. The one you send gazillion of press releases to on a daily basis. Yeah, that’s me. I really want us to “click”, you know. We could really work well together.
You see, bloggers are not “just bloggers”. We work hard for our sites. While most blogs started out as a hobby or a journal, at some point it evolves to something else (especially if the blogger is very passionate). A blog post is not just about writing or telling a story. We do a lot of stuff before we hit publish. We take photos. We edit photos. We test products. etc. So I guess what I’m trying to say here is that we also want to be treated fair (not event treated “well”, just fair).
Here are some points I want you to take note.
- There is only one kind of SPAM I like. I personally do not like receiving press releases (especially if it does not fit the theme of my blog). However, I could, probably, post your press release IF we are very very good friends. You know, the kind that I can’t say no because you know too much about me? 😀
- We do honest reviews. We are not after free stuff. But if you want your product to be featured on the blog (and on social media), product samples won’t hurt.
- If you’re launching a new product and you want me to blog about it, please tell me in advance. Like a week or two before the launch, NOT after. That just makes sense, right?
- On events, I usually ask if I could bring +1 (because, hey, who want’s to eat alone?) The point is, I ask. If it’s strictly media and bloggers only, I’m ok with that. BUT if you say I could bring +1, then that’s an extension of my invite. Don’t tell me to review something and then my companion would have to pay for his own (after we are seated!)
- Please be clear what you want/need from us. Don’t say you’re inviting us over for something and that’s it. Be clear that you want live social media updates on the event. Ask if it would be possible to do a blog post. Be prepared with your own hashtags. etc.
- Don’t ask me to publish about an event that you did not invite me to. That’s just weird. (And don’t be pushy, I mean you did not even invite me!). 😛
- It won’t hurt if you mingle with us. We could be good friends, you know. (see first point) 😛
I hope you won’t hate me for saying this. And thank you for your time.
PS. I wrote the above not to annoy anyone or to sound like a diva. I just think we could all work together if we all know what we want from each other. I would love to hear from you, bloggers and PR. Leave some love on the comments. 😀
PS2: This is mostly blogger experience in UAE PR. *peace*