Time really flies, it’s Thursday once again! You know what happens on Thursdays, right? Another blogger feature, of course. Time to get to know this sweet sweet Lady. Yep, Lady is her name. Read on …
Location: Dubai, UAE
Blog: Lady and her Sweet Escapes
How did you start blogging?
I have been microblogging on Facebook since 2008. Just like everyone else, it is where I share my random thoughts and my dining and travel experiences. It was only on August 2012 when I realized that I should have an online diary as most of the private messages and photos comments I got on Facebook were inquiries on the places I have been. So, I created a blog that my friends can conveniently access 24/7. Thus, Lady and her Sweet Escapes was born.
What do you write about?
I write about the things I love (food and travel) and my ‘sweet escapes’ from the monotonous expat life in the UAE.
Tips for new Bloggers?
- Stay true to who you are. Blogging is easy when you write about your passion and when you know your purpose.
- Be social. One of the major perks in blogging is gaining new friends. Always find the time to interact with your blog readers and your fellow bloggers.
- Have a room for growth and never stop honing your blogging skills.
What are the challenges you face with blogging?
Time has always been a challenge. I have a full-time job in the healthcare industry and I have wife duties as well. So, as much as I love to update the blog regularly and reply to the messages promptly, I couldn’t because of my erratic schedule.
What do you do outside of blogging?
I am a Medical Laboratory Technologist; a challenging profession that I want to keep until I grow old.
Blogs you recommend my readers should read/follow?
- We are Sole Sisters – They inspire me to make travel happen.
- Patty Laurel – She is a ray of sunshine and her travel videos are awesome!
3 Random Facts about you
- I can’t drive. I never learned because I’m afraid of fast cars and I found the passenger seat more comfortable.
- I am a long sleeper whether I’m tired or not. I need more than 8 hours of sleep every day or else I’d go crazy!
- I hate makeup; the sticky feeling and the itch afterwards. The last time that I wore makeup was during my wedding three years ago. Actually, if I have a choice, I would bring my bare face to any party!
If you want to be featured (or you want to nominate someone), send me an email. Happy weekend!