If you’ve been following me on Instagram, you probably know that we got our non immigrant visas to the US. This means we will be visiting my parents soon!! (BTW, if you’re not following me on Instagram, why not?? You should! hehe). I thought I’d share my experience on how to apply and collect your visas.
How to Apply for Non Immigrant Visa
- Go to Online Non Immigrant Application website.
- Select United Arab Emirates (Dubai or Abu Dhabi. We applied in Dubai.)
- Click Start Application and fill in the form.
- Once finalized, you have to submit and pay the application fees. (160 USD)
- Select appointment date through Official U.S. Department of State Visa Appointment Service.
- Show up on your designated appointment date.
You can check Frequently Asked Questions here.
On Your Interview Date
- Be at the Consualte/Embassy early, if not on time. Here is what to expect on the day of the interview.
- Dress appropriately
- Bring all your supporting documents and be ready for the interview.
- Answer truthfully
- If you are granted a visa, they will give you a pink slip. This is NOT your visa. This is just a notice that your visa is approved and that you can collect it after 3 days.
- If your application is denied, do not create a scene. Leave the premises with dignity and try again after 6 months. 😀
Here is a map to the US Consulate in Dubai
Hope this helps and Good Luck!!