About a week ago, I was invited to another blogger event at Al Shayan Persian Restaurant in Al Ghurair Rotana. I made sure I could go because it’s an opportunity to meet other bloggers and enjoy authentic Persian food. Win – win, right?
So happy that I’ve finally met travel bloggers Kenneth (Ken Surat) and Gelo (Beyond Toxicity) in person. It’s fun to be seated with bloggers because we all understand the unspoken rule … “nobody eats unless everyone has taken a proper food pic”. 😀
The food served is part of the seafood promotion at Shayan. We started with a Sabzi platter (lettuce, cucumber, radish, spring onion, mint leaves, cherry tomato and feta cheese) which I nibbled while waiting for the rest of the group. (I was first one to arrive, hehehe)
Next on the menu was Ash E Reshteh, a traditional Persian soup made of noodles, mint, onions and topped with whey.
For the Hot Mezzeh (I’m assuming this means hot appetizers):
- Kashk E Bademjan – fried eggplant mixed with special aged curd, season with traditional spices.
- Mirza Ghasemi – grilled eggplant mixed with fried egg and tomato.
- Salad Shirazi – Traditional Salad, mixed with cucumber, onion, virgin olive oil and lime juice.
The main course included:
- Gheymeh Bademjan – Lamb stew prepared with lentils, tomatoes and fried eggplant
- Joojeh Kabab Bedone Ostokhan – Skewer of marinated chicken on the bone with saffron sauce
- Tikke Masti – Cuts of beef tenderloin marinated with yoghurt, saffron and Persian spices
- Chelo Kabab Kubideh – Skewers of minced lamb, with Persian spices and grated onions
- Kebab Meygoo – Skewers of marinated grilled tiger prawn.
- Baghali Polo – Steamed rice with fava beans and dill
- Saffron Rice
- Sholeh Zard – Rice pudding flavoured with fine saffron, pistachios, almond and cinnamon. (I loved this! It was weird at first, but I liked it.)
And with true Shayan hospitality, each item on the menu was explained professionally by their friendly staff. I wasn’t able to take a lot of photos because I was busy helping my friends to take proper photos! ha ha!
Entertainment was provided by a Santoor player (whom we fondly called “Edgar“, *inside joke* wink wink).
For the latest promotion at Shayan Persian Restaurant, you may visit this link (http://roho.it/qefys)