We shouldn’t be looking for reasons for breastfeeding our little ones because that’s the way nature intended it to be. We are supposed to be feeding our babies just like any other mammal, through our own breast.
However, for the sake of giving reasons, here’s my TOP 5 REASONS TO BREASTFEED:
- Shedding off the extra pounds! 500 – 600 calories a day on breastfeeding alone… whew!!
- Savings – baby milk/formula is expensive! And babies tend to gulp down milk like anything… my brain can’t even do the math!
- Less trips to the doctor. Aside from vaccination schedules, we never had the need to see a doctor.
- Less hassle. I don’t need to bring a lot whenever we go out. No need for extra bottles, warmers, formula, etc. Just me and the baby.
- I can hold my baby longer. They don’t stay babies, you know. I’m enjoying my time with my baby, drowning in her sweet baby breath…it’s addicting!
Do you breastfeed?